Sunday, November 06, 2005

for those who remember . . .




Before Clear Channel, they were rockin' the Bay . . . I dunno, maybe KMEL should bring the old logo back?

Also, at that time (the early '80s), there was the radio station known as The Quake, predecessor to the 'modern rock' format later taken on when KITS all-hit radio turned into Live 105.



The Quake was amazing and I learned about a lot of music from that station. But more than its loss, I'm lamenting the fact that none of the local stations are using earthquake references to promote themselves . . . no one's quakin' or rockin' the Bay these days.

107.7 The Bone doesn't count . . .

Actually, on second thought, I just remembered that there is a new radio station in the Bay Area called The Quake, but it's perhaps better known as Air America. I like to fall asleep to talk radio of all persuasions (from political to religious to alien-oriented), and Air America has definitely shaken up the AM dial 'round these parts. How could I forget?

This seems like a good time to recommend 95 Live, the all-Bay-all-day hip-hop Internet radio station. People probably wouldn't know what to do with themselves if this was on the terrestrial airwaves . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Doxx said...

Ahhhh, the old KMEL camel. I'm dating myself by saying this, but I remember that.

6:37 PM  
Blogger TCakez said...

Damn the last time I really cared to listen to kmel was prob the mid-80s to the early 90s....

Remember Renel & Rick Chase (Rip-The DJ you loved to hate) they don't have on-air personalities on kmel like that anymore

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home