Saturday, November 05, 2005

fear factor



It's been a long time since I had such a good Halloween weekend as I did this year. I had already planned to check out Meat Beat Manifesto's special late-night show at Otherworld in Oakland (I would call it a 'rave,' but I dunno what the young people are calling such illicit, all-night gatherings this minute). But I was stoked to get an email from MBM's Jack Dangers himself, inviting me along. Picture one of your favorite artists of all time asking you to their show and you'll have an idea how thrilled . . .

I was out of town when the MBM show hit SF this June, though Jack kindly gave me a preview of some of the incredible visuals when I interviewed him for this story.

Of course, I had to sleep allllll day long in order to be conscious enough for the 1:30am start time, but it was well worth fighting my old lady, couch potato nature to be treated to a career's worth of amazing tunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home